Established in 1978 as one of the first commercial asbestos consultancies in the UK, ACS was also amongst the first UK organisations to achieve UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service) accreditation for asbestos testing and surveying and is firmly placed as one of the UK’s leading consultancies in asbestos related research, management, remediation project management, testing, training and expert witness services.
In 1998, the Company extended its services to include Health & Safety, Environmental and Waste Risk Management and is now regarded as a leader in professional, technical and training services in the area of ‘Physical Risk Management’. In 2006 ACS Marine Risk Control was also established and subsequent additions to the Group include SafetyYouTrustTM and ACS Learning Academy.
For almost 4 decades, the Company has operated throughout the UK, Canada, USA, Europe, Middle East, Africa, India, Japan, Australia, the Falkland Islands and Turkey. In 2016 ACS established a presence in Istanbul to assist in the development of the emerging physical risk management sector.
ACS is relatively unique in being well positioned to offer the full range of professional, technical and training services required to provide total risk management support in the areas of Asbestos, Health & Safety, Environmental and Waste Management.
Accreditations and Quality Marks:
ACS holds United Kingdom Accreditation Service accreditation (UKAS Ref No’s 0144 and 0676) for:
- Sampling of Bulk Material
- Asbestos Fibre Identification
- Air Sampling and Fibre Counting
- Asbestos Surveying
The Company also successfully participates in the following external HSE/HSL quality assurance schemes:
- Regular Inter-laboratory Counting Exchange (RICE)
- Asbestos in Materials Scheme (AIMS)
ACS is also a:
- Founder Member of the United Kingdom Asbestos Training Association (UKATA), with Prof Willey holding a position on the UKATA Executive Committee.
- Member of, and key staff are Approved Auditors for, the Asbestos Testing and Consulting (ATaC) division of the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA).
Furthermore, ACS is approved under the following safety/suppliers approval schemes:
- Exor (Gold Standard)